How do I get my fundraising page?
Your personal fundraising page is automatically created once you finalise the sign-up process. You have the opportunity to "Get-Started" your fundraising by making a donation to yourself and can then personalise your page by adding a photo and updating your blog.
Where does the donation go?
The donation will support Ronald McDonald House Charities Hong Kong provide all round support to sick children and their families, including "home away from home", free shuttle bus service from and to Hong Kong Children's Hospital.
How do I start my fundraising?
After completing your sign-up, a personal online fundraising page will be set up. This is your own web page where you can ask friends, family and colleagues to make a secure online donation towards your fundraising goal, paying with their credit card.
Your fundraising target is displayed on your page, so everyone can see how close you are to reaching your goal.
How do I personalise my fundraising page?
Log-in to your account – click on the yellow login button at the top of the page. Login with the email address and password, you will be directed to your personal page. If you forget your password, it can be re-set by clicking on the "Forgot your password?" link.
To personalise your page:
- Upload a photo of yourself
- Add a compelling reason why you are supporting Ronald McDonald House Charities Hong Kong. If people know a bit about you and the reason for your campaign, they are more likely to support you.
- Set your fundraising target. HK$7,500 is the default target amount, helping the sick children and their families staying 1 month at Ronald McDonald House. You can change this to any amount that you wish to aim for. Don’t worry if you cannot reach your goal - every single dollar makes a difference.
- Regularly update your blog with text and photos from your latest fundraising event or other activities.
- Send emails and WhatsApp to your friends, family and colleagues, ask them to sponsor and help you to reach your goal.
- Don’t forget to thank your sponsors!
What is the best way to get people to sponsor me?
The easiest way to find sponsors is by sharing your fundraising page link via email, Facebook, Instagram or WhatsApp.
Keep the message simple and send a direct link to your fundraising page.
We suggest forwarding the email to your entire network of contacts. You may be surprised by who supports your efforts with a generous donation.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us for assistance.
Are donations tax deductible?
Ronald McDonald House Charities Hong Kong is an independent charity registered in Hong Kong with tax exemption under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. RMHC Hong Kong provides receipt for cash donation over HK$100. We do not receive support/ grant from the Hong Kong Community Chest, the Social Welfare Department. The House operation is supported through the community donation and our own fundraising activities. We treasure your kind donation dearly.
I am hosting an event – now can RMHC Hong Kong help?
Hosting an event is a great way to raise money, and we are here to help!
- Send a personalised letter of authority to fundraise
- Provide the latest update of RMHC Hong Kong
- Provide links to short video clips on introducing service of RMHC Hong Kong
- Provide printable resources
Just call 29478778 or email us at email@example.com for assistance or questions!
What should I do with a cash or a cheque donation?
If you are given cash donations, you can deposit the donation to our account at
Standard Chartered Bank 447-1-060619-5
To obtain an official receipt for your donors, please email the bank transfer receipt together with the donor’s name and the name of your fundraising event to firstname.lastname@example.org
Did your donor give you a cheque? Make sure the cheque is payable to "RMHCHK" or "Ronald McDonald House Charities H.K. Ltd." and send together with a note with the name of your event to us at 23 To Shek Street, To Shek Village, Shatin.
Once we receive the donation, we will allocate it to your fundraising tally.
Note: We can only issue one donation receipt for one cheque / one deposit.
My workplace has a ‘Matched Giving’ program. What do I need to do?
Many companies support their employees' charitable efforts through their matched giving program. A company may offer to donate an amount equal to what you have raised or make an one off donation.
Speak to your HR or CSR representative to discuss what information they require, to match your fundraising for Ronald McDonald House Charities Hong Kong.
Contact us on 29478778 or email email@example.com for any questions or assistance.